Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 23: Grilled Teese

Okay, I'm NOT doing part two of the Great Vegan Cheeze Off tonight. In short, I had a crappy day full of being busy and being morose, and I'm only just now starting to feel a little better... just in time to go to sleep.

Tomorrow though, for realsies.

In the meantime, a teaser post about Teese: unlike FYH's cheddar, Teese's cheddar is actually something you can make a grilled cheeze out of. I had to slice it very thin-- I actually put a really thin slice on one half of the bread and a thicker slice on the other half, and the thicker slice took many many many minutes longer to melt. Still, it DID melt without me having to do anything particularly bizarre to it.

In the context of a grilled cheeze, the Teese was at worst inoffensive and at best kinda good. I'm not a Teese convert at this point (again, I don't get what the big deal about melty cheeze is) but I feel less inclined to slander it on the interwubs now.

On a separate note, it's CSA day and I made salsa out of fresh tomatoes, tomatillos, cilantro, and hot peppers as soon as we got home. (I know, how is it even possible that I spent most of my evening depressed after THAT?!)

More of consequence tomorrow...

No comments: