Sunday, October 14, 2012

MoFo #14: Chocolate-raspberry dessert dip

First, the worst food picture ever:

Chocolate raspberry dip

I whipped this together really quickly this evening after a loooong but fun Sunday.  Last year, I kept seeing a recipe during MoFo that everyone would add a disclaimer to saying "I know everyone already knows how to make this, but..." or "this is one of the first recipes you learn when you go vegan, but..." and it was something I had never made:  chocolate mousse!

And you know what you can do with mousse?  You can dip in mousse.

Mine is 6 oz silken tofu pureed with 6 oz melted chocolate chips and a tablespoonful of Monin raspberry syrup.  I only had a bite of it before putting it in the fridge to set up, but it's quite tasty, if very sweet.  It didn't come out as smooth as I wanted it but I wasn't going to arse around with it tonight.  We'll have it with the pluots in the picture and an apple too.

Well, I'm about to fall over so that's it, except for a picture of what we were doing:

What this thing?

Going to a pumpkin patch!  I took almost no pictures there, so today there'll just be a Magician picture.  Friends of mine took a million pictures though, so one of the Emperor will be along eventually too.  He had a blast, and so did I, and soon we'll carve pumpkins.

5 comments:

Amey said...

pumpkin time! Funny, I was just thinking the other day about that silken tofu-chocolate chip mousse, and about how I was actually in the mood for some. Perhaps I will make a little batch sometime soon. I hope you love it!

Spencer said...

Looks awesome! I would so love to try some of that.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

LOVE THIS!! I just posted my tofu-mofo dish for the day - Tofu Chocolate Dip (similar but not quite the same, and SOOOOOOO yummy!!!)

Anonymous said...

I never even thought of dessert dips. My family just never used dip outside of maybe ranch dip, which I refused to eat. :-p

This looks luscious.

adriennefriend said...

Hehe, I hate it when things look great but are so ugly that they're barely worth sharing a picture of! You made this one look as good as possible, though. ;-)

Dessert dips are such a good way to get picky little ones to enjoy their fruit! I don't have kids of my own, but my oldest bestest friend does. I'll be suggesting this one to her as well.

adrienne at http://cracktheplates.com