Sunday, October 28, 2012

MoFo #27: French Onion Dip!

Okay, this is going to be the worst MoFo post ever.  Hey, I can own it!

Tonight we made French Onion Dip for dinner.  From a packet.  The picture is so gruesome that I'm not posting it.  Oh, here's a picture of the packet, in case you're in the market for such a thing:



We mixed it up with 2c of Wildwood plain unsweetened yogurt, which is pretty much the tangiest and awesomest plain soy yogurt I've ever come across.  (For vanilla yogurt, I'm Whole Soy all the way, and for fruit yogurt, I pine for the Alpro that was around in 2009 or so... I've heard it's changed since then, not that I'd know in the US, but I eat that vintage of yogurt in my dreams.)  Perfectly passable, if ugly and unexciting.

Part of why I'm posting so late tonight is that we carved pumpkins!  woo!  They actually turned out great and I'll probably post pictures tomorrow.

Part is that I'm just tired.  Not tired of dip (never!), not tired of MoFo (never!  I can't believe how it's flown!), just plain tired.  I'm beginning to pine a little for mid-December, when things should slow down for a little bit.  Ah, December...

Well, that's all for tonight.  Better post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh man, you just reminded me of one of my favorite snacks as a kid - Wavy Lays potato chips dipped in that canned onion dip. So good, and so totally gross! A dip packet mixed with plain soy yogurt sounds about a billion times healthier, and probably tastier too.