Saturday, December 31, 2011

Flower juice, silly hats (Celebration #31)

Happy new year internet!

I have no idea what the new year will bring for me with respect to blogging. A theme for January is forming in my mind, but we'll see how it pans out. The past few months have been a ton of fun though and I really appreciate everyone who's read and commented and made me feel like it's sort of awesome that I"m such a big dork, if you know what I mean.

Simple celebration for us tonight. No WAY are we keeping the Emperor up until midnight, not to mention that would be torture for me too. I sleep so badly right now that I have to hoard every moment of sleep I can get. Anyway, the Emperor and I made and decorated some crowns earlier in the day, and then after dinner we enjoyed glasses of flower juice-- sparkling apple cider with hibiscus flowers in syrup in it. Josh's idea. Greatly enjoyed by all. The Emperor thought toasting was the best thing ever so we probably said cheers about a hundred times.

Flower juice

The flower juice.

Not your hat

My party hat. His was very minimal... he did NOT want anything glued to it today. But as the evening wore on, he came to regret the lack of glitter on his own crown and took mine instead. Oh well.

Finally, our last daily Emperor for 2011! Here he is wearing my bike gear earlier. Those gloves are too big for me, so they're outlandish on him. I love it.

Set to cycle

No comments: