Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gingersnaps! (Thankfulness #5)

It's Saturday and we had a hectic day which included many things but not a nap for the Emperor. So I'm preeeeetty exhausted and this will be brief.

Thing I'm thankful for #5: I'm thankful for this period of the Emperor's life, where he's happy to do pretty much anything that I suggest as long as I'm doing it with him.

Cookie crazy

Oh, at some point he's going to get over this, I'm sure. Somewhere along the line, he's going to start to feel like anything I want to do is the last thing he'd want to do. He'll think I'm totally uncool (and who could argue?) and that all the stuff I like is lame and etcetera etcetera. We all go through this to some extent at some point in our lives. But... I'm glad he's not there yet and that he's still so open and amicable. This age is a good age.

We had a lengthy trip to the park and when we got home, I had the sudden idea to make cookies. I suggested it to the Emperor and he was absolutely delighted at the thought. He pulled his step stool up to the kitchen counter and I got out the cookbook and ingredients and such. I measured, he poured and stirred. Together, we shaped the dough into balls and squished it down onto the cookie sheet. We both had a great time.

And we made some AWESOME cookies. They're the blackstrap molasses gingersnaps out of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.

Admire them:

Blackstrap molasses gingersnaps

And the Emperor too:

"I poke you!"

You may not be able to tell, but he was actually menacing me with that stick. "I poke you with this stick, mommy. I'm poking." (He didn't actually poke me with it though.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be the first to argue that the Emperor has reason to believe you are uncool. And if he ever does, just call up your oldest child (me, despite the fact that we are similar in age--just ignore that) and I will come visit and tell you that you are *the* coolest mom ever! This is all based on the fact that you must bake cookies with me, however....